Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Heart of Magenta



Q: Introduce us to yourself and your company.
I am Adhemas Batista, color lover, father of 2 wonderful kids, brazilian, working out from Los Angeles, starting slowly my small studio named "Magenta", my favorite color.

www.adhemas.com and www.magenta.la

Q: Interactive Producers come from all walks of life, they are a hybrid of talents, tell us about your background and how you got interested in digital production?
I started when interactive was starting everywhere, I made my first website with 15 years old, it was something like, a very prominent beveled logo in the middle with some buttons around it made on Front Page Software. As self-taught I had to experiment many things to finally find my way. Today everything that gives me a visual and creative challenge interests me.

Q: How do you stay on top of emerging technologies and keep your team informed and motivated?
I browse web a lot, always connected, also friends sends me links, fortunately I work for many different countries, people send me their news, its easy when you are connected with many people around the globe.

Q: What does your ideal client/project look like?
Sexy projects, projects with challenges, projects that gives me the bad night sleeping thinking about how to create something even cooler next day. Ideally, projects that I can work since the concept to the final stage of production and make sure the final piece is looking good.

Q: How do you educate your clients and set realistic expectations for a project?

I try to be realistic with myself first and then expose to the client the situation, expectations are always high, clients wants the most for the amount they spend of course. But if you explain, don't create monsters to solve questions and always be sincere, sure the client will understand.

Q: What was the best project you have ever worked on?

No question it was Havaianas' website because of all the challenge I had, I was forced to push myself to my own edge, to create things that I didn't new how to do, I spend nights, weekends, holidays just working, and all that not because of the tight deadlines or neither client requests, actually because I felt myself having a big opportunity working with a real cool brand and with people who loves the new. I am open for all type of brand and brand challenge which is looking for the fresh.

Q: How many projects are you comfortable producing at one given time?

I am sure some people will read this and will go calling me "lier", anyways, I usually feel good working with 2-4 projects at once. Of course I am always using the different times between approvals and revisions to make one another.

Q: What does your dream production team look like?
Small, dedicated and responsible, people who understands clients requests and translates on the best way possible without creating barriers at the first look.

Q: How do you ensure that your client's best interests are met?

I am always trying to be on top of the process and I am always trying to understand what the client is looking for, I am not much like a talking people, I am definitely more "hand on". I am a quiet person, but I am always listening more than trying to push my point of view, therefore that helps me to get my work faster and achieve the clients needs. I don't have problems to restart something if the client doesn't like at all.

Q: What is your vision of what the next phase of our industry is going to look like?

My bet will be for the little talented ones, I've seen many cool projects made by small companies, and I think the difficult times will help those people because of the practical aspect, they certainly can be an affordable great quality deal and can be easily the extra-hands for agencies.

Q: Please share a snippet of wisdom that you would like to impart on our readers.

We are the digital people, but we can't be digital hearts, we need to warm-up our life sharing each other experiences and learning as a kid does, with excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment